Here are a few tips:
- On the drive to your location, plan ahead a little so you don't have to eat fast food. Pack a few sandwiches, fruit, and other favorite snacks. Save your calories and fat for higher quality food!
- For breakfast, don't settle for the cheap pastries they set out at many continental breakfasts. That's something you can get at home if you really want to. Fill up on the oatmeal, and even bagels are a better choice. You can't beat hard boiled eggs for the nutrition!
- Don't stuff yourself at meals. Split a main entree so you can get appetizers and desserts. Just don't eat the whole dessert by yourself. Share! Relax and eat slowly so you will know when you are full, this is your vacation after all! If I get something fried, I try not to get french fries too in the same meal.
- Beware of the hidden fat in salads. Want to eat salad to conserve your fat and calorie intake, or to make up for the extra fried foods you may have treated yourself to? Some salads can have a whopping 70+ grams of fat! I'd take bread pudding any day to a salad!
- The best sight-seeing can be walking around downtown areas. Plan into your schedule active walks, especially after a big meal!