Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The beginning


I think of myself not as a fitness buff or even as business owner. I think of myself as an average stay at home mom. My name is Kristie. I never would have thought that I would own a fitness facility, let alone six of them. Six years ago, when my husband approached me with the thought of opening a fitness facility close to our house, since our area of town was under-served in this area, I told him he was crazy. Now, if you know my husband, you know that he loves a challenge, and if you really knew him, you'd know that he is always thinking of crazy ideas. It's the Einstein in him, if you ask me.
So fast forward four months and you will see me selling fitness memberships and balancing a baby on my hip at the same time. My life has become a juggling act ever since.
But the real reason for my post. I am an active person. I do not struggle with weight gain, and I have good genes to back me up on this. I was the kid at the lunch table reading everyone's food label to them. I enjoy nutrition and eating healthy, and have as long as I can remember.
Working out? Something I've never been consistent with. However, as long as I can remember, I have a good emotional connection to physical activity. I'll save that for another post. And that's where I want this blog to be. Follow me as I live what I sell. This is my journey to stay active IN THE GYM.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristie! This is Mary-Catherine (M in the blogworld!) I just wanted to drop by and let you know I am bookmarking your site and looking forward to see what you have to post!

    ReplyDelete